Thursday, September 07, 2006

Roundtable Times Dos

Bruce Ciskie hosts the latest edition of the BlogPoll Roundtable, which I've decided to jump in on at the last moment possible.

What team best met your overall expectations of them in their opener?

Louisville. Despite the loss of Bush, the Cardinals rolled over Kentucky in the opener. They have a fairly easy schedule and should be able to do this to a lot of teams this year. With an experienced offensive line and a talented group of running backs taking center stage, look for Brohm and the Cardinals to possibly go 11-1 in the regular season.

What team jumped off the map and surprised you the most? (Bonus points to anyone who can make an argument for someone besides Tennessee.)

Montana State, but I guess I'm going to have to give you a I-A team, won’t I? In that case I'll go with UCLA. Maybe it's just because I jumped on the Ute bandwagon so early (he made me), but I really thought that Utah was going to pull the upset against UCLA. But the Bruins not only won, they dominated what I thought was going to be a great Utah offense.

What team best moved themselves into a position to surprisingly contend for a national title?

If there was another clear answer besides Tennessee, believe me, I'd go with that team. I don't know whether it was a matter of Cal just being that bad, or if Fulmer actually knows what the hell he's doing again, but for the a team to make that big of a statement week one is impressive. I also think you can look at Florida State, who despite winning in incredibly ugly fashion, beat a top ranked school to start the season. And I'm also going to go with Notre Dame, for no other reason that they survived a trap game on the road in which most of you (the blogging community) picked them to lose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about that Sunbelt Troy!?

Adam said...

Hey I admit it, the Sunbelt played a very respectable weekend, especially with FIU hanging with UCF.