Sunday, March 18, 2007

Position Changes

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but the official roster seems to indicate some interesting position changes that have taken place within the past month or two. Here's a few that stood out to me:

Michael Walsh from LB to DE
Luke Lagera from SB to S
Dell Robsinson from DB to OLB

I've probably misses several others, but like I said, these are just the ones that stood out to me for whatever reason. I would guess Lagera's switch is partially due to his size. He's now listed at 5'9, which is larger then the 5'7 he came in at. Navy's depth at slotback was probably also a contributing factor, although I'm not sure if Lagera played any safety in High School. Dell Robinson's switch is interesting too because he's a guy who spent a couple of years in the defensive backfield. My guess is Coach Johnson is trying to put him in a situation where he'll be more apt to compete for playing time. Remember Johnson was thinking about using Miles as an OLB until the New Jersey native transferred to UMass, so we could be seeing that kind of experimentation with Robinson. These kinds of position changes come and go, so I wouldn't get to worked up over any change. The real fun comes during spring practice, where I'm sure these guys and many more will be moving around back and forth all over the place.

No comments: