- First a foremost. Ohio State is losing because of a dropped touchdown pass, a blocked field goal, a bunch of personnel foul penalties, and bad tackling. This BS about we always hear about from the media regarding SEC speed and athleticism has been a minimal factor.
- Continuing off that point, great design by the LSU offense. Getting the tight ends involved and moving Flynn around really kick started the LSU offense.
- LSU's offense is moving the balls because of Flynn, Hester, the offensive line, and some nice catches by the receiving core. Those "x-factor" athletes people said LSU needed to win? Supplements, at best.
- Jacob Hester deserves to be more than a walking cliche. An honest attempt at playing tailback in the NFL to start with.
- Chris Wells has got to be a scary ass dude to try to tackle.
- LSU facing 3rd and shorts and Ohio State facing third and longs has made all the difference.
- Momentum is huge, and LSU grabbed it in the second quarter and never looked back.
Monday, January 07, 2008
Notes on the National Championship
Here are some notes as I watch the National Championship game, because the rest of the blogosphere and media are bound to get it wrong come tomorrow.