Tuesday, December 19, 2006

College Football Blog Awards Part Uno


The 2006 College Football Blogger Awards. They're all the rage these days, really. Remember when nominating your favorite Independent blog that Notre Dame is being filtered in with the Big East blogs for this event, which means by default I'm really the only candidate. Alright, I'll shut up now.


The Dr. Z Award
Cogent, interesting analysis.



Dawgsports.com. I still don't understand much of what Kyle is actually saying, but that doesn't make it any less interesting. He has a great base of knowledge on teams all over the country, and does a phenomenal job keeping track of all the daily happenings around the world of college football.

The Trev Alberts Quits To Do Construction Award
Comic relief; overall hilarity.

Like I'm sure you've read on a number of blogs to date, this one is simply a no-brainer. Orson's Every Day Should Be Saturday was the first college football blog I ever read, and is still the first I read when I get up every morning. I think I speak for all of us, however, when I say I wish he could have toned down the humor when interviewing Michael Lewis. I had no idea people actually could be that annoying when they laughed.



The Sports Fans Don't Cry Award
The blog that has suffered through its chosen team's dismal season with the most dignity.

How Ornage 44 can still find the will to not only post on his own blog, but on his Fan House blog, I'll probably never know. Let us all hope we can find such inner strength when our own teams suck that much.

The Keith Jackson Circa 1995 Award
The blog with the most consistently expressive and excellent writing.

The Blue Gray Sky. Excellent analysis combined with just solid diction and tone. If there was a "classiest blog" award, these guys would win it. Note that my overt fondness of the 'Domers played a huge role in this nomination. Deal with it.

The Brady Quinn Award
The prettiest blog, the best layout and design.


Defiantly College Football Resource. Brian has not only been a friend to Pitch Right since its inception, he's also been a friend to every blog since its inception. In a world of Blogger sponsored clones, CFR gets it right.

Best New Blog
The best new college football blog

There have been a lot of great blogs that have launched within the past year. The only problem is, I have no idea which ones are which, considering I've only launched within the past year. However I'm going to nominate another friend of Pitch Right (a reoccurring theme here) in Block U. Jazzy Ute does a great job not only keeping tabs of the Utes, but of keeping us all informed on whats going on in my favorite region of the country, The Mountain West.


More (hopefully anyway) tommarow...

No comments: